Monday, September 24, 2018

Restoration

Hey,

So the assignment of restoring an old photo was challenging but also intriguing. It's very detailed orientated and that's a little challenging for someone who paints as well as a kindergartner. I don't think I've ever spent as much time in photoshop on a project than I have on the restoration assignment. The motto of, "if you can't fix it, make something else," feels a little like cheating to me. Not like academic cheating but taking a shortcut because it's not an actual representation of what the picture is taken of. But I move past it because I like good grades and it's only because the cameras weren't advanced enough to gather enough information in the photo. This was fun, I'll most likely be recruited to do this with some old family photos of ours.


Here's my finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment